Monday, October 20, 2008

Another long weekend

I'm off work for an undetermined amount of time, and it sucks. I only worked a few half days last week and now I'm not sure when I'm going back. I called the studio today and there is still no work, so I just have to wait. In the mean time I've been applying to jobs online and cold calling other studios to see if they need an assistant this week. This is the part of freelancing that sucks. Why can't I just find a real job? I'm just really frustrated at the moment.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. I went to an artist party on Saturday night with my friend Kate. It reminded me of a MECA party. There were lots of artist and hippie types and even some people wearing bunny costumes. haha. We went out the the GoldStar after the party and stayed there until close (which is 3am on Saturday nights!). Kate's friend Mark bar tends there, so we got free drinks. Overall it was a good night.

Also, fall has finally come to Chicago. The leaves have changed and the temperature is now in the mid-50's. It's a big change, because last weekend when Ajay was here we were still having an "Indian summer". It was in the high 70's for all of Columbus day weekend. I had to put my storm windows down yesterday. Winter is officially on it's way. :(

No comments: