Wow, I've been busy! Here is what I've been up to:
Ajay arrived Thursday night, Jessica and I picked him up at Midway around 10:30pm. I had an interview with a wedding photographer Friday afternoon so Ajay and I killed time walking around wicker park on Friday morning. The interview went well, but it is only for freelance wedding album designs. I think he just wants someone to call when he has work, but that is fine for now.
Friday evening Ajay and I made the trek up to Devon Street. Devon Street is part of Roger's Park and has a huge Indian and Pakistani population. The whole street is lined with Indian restaurants and traditional Indian clothing stores. We ate at a restaurant called Tiffin, it was kinda upscale but still reasonable and yummy Indian food. We ordered way too much and took home some leftovers.
Saturday, Ajay and I went to brunch with Ashley. We ate at a place named Milk and Honey and they had delicious huevos rancheros and a variety of paninis. After brunch Ajay and I headed out to Lincoln Park to go to the Zoo and the Conservatory. I've been to the zoo before but I've only seen the Conservatory from a distance. The Conservatory is a huge greenhouse built in the late 1800's. The main room is called the Palm Room and it is filled with various types of palm trees and tropical plants. There was also an orchid room, which I was really excited about. The best part about the Zoo and Conservatory is that admission is free! I love Chicago parks!
Ajay and I went out Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Friday was Old Oak Tap and Tuman's (both neighborhood bars), Saturday was Lava and People (Wicker Park bars) and Sunday was an Imax movie at the Navy Pier and then drinks at the Signature lounge on the 96th story of the Hancock building. It was quite a weekend! We even visited Humbolt Park and fed the geese.
Yesterday I dropped Ajay off at the airport. I drove Jess's car in the city all by myself! Anyway, after I returned from the airport, I went to meet Ashley downtown at AMC theaters. She had gotten tickets to another movie screening. The movie was Role Models starring Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd. The movie was really funny and the Paul Rudd was at the screening to answer questions afterward. It's really awesome that Ashley can get tickets to free screenings. I can't wait to see what movie is next!
Here are some photos from the weekend:
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Post a Comment