Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Update...

I haven't written much because there hasn't been really anything exciting going on, but here's an update:

I'm still not working this week so far, but I did get booked all next week for the FTD flower shoot. Yay! Thank god.

I've been working on updating my website, because I really need a more professional looking website with links to my resume and also examples of my wedding albums. It is a very tedious process, but it will be all worth it in the end. I'll post the link when I'm done.

I baked an apple pie the other night. I figured since I had so much free time, that I should take advantage and use some of my many cooking appliances/gadgets. It was the first time I used my pampered chef pie plate, a gift from my sister Jackie. It worked great!


Also, I got my hair cut again. I was kinda annoyed with the last cut because it was so straight across the bottom. Plus I have very thick hair so my hair was laying weird. I answered a Craig's list ad for a free haircut. The stylist wanted to work on her graduated bob cuts, so it worked out perfectly and it was free! I'm very happy with the cut, it isn't any shorter but it's more textured and graduated in the back. You can kinda see the cut in this photo of me serving apple pie.


On Friday night Jessica and I went to my friend, Phil's gallery opening and then out to dinner at a restaurant/pub called Cleo's. We sat at the bar to eat dinner and the very friendly bartender kept buying us shots! I guess Jessica and I must have made quite an impression, because our bill was way less than it should have been. Could we have found our new DTL?

You can check out Phil's photography
here.

Later that night we ended up at the
Rainbo Club. The Rainbo club is like a hipster hub, you wouldn't believe the amount of single speed bikes locked up out front! I have wanted to go to the Rainbo since we moved here because it is a well-known hangout of John Cusack. No, John Cusack was not there that night but there was plenty of good people watching to be had. It is also rumored that Johnny Depp hangs out there when he's in town!

Last night I went with Phil to
Kuma's Corner. I was really excited to eat there because I watched a review of the restaurant on Chicago public TV about a month ago. Kuma's is known for their gourmet burgers, which are named after heavy metal bands, and their "make your own" mac n cheese. We split the Iron Maiden burger and mac n cheese with mushrooms and bacon. Talk about a heart attack! It was so good though. I will defiantly go there again.

Ok, here is a few pics of Homer and me from the week: Did I mention that I love my cat? Ok, maybe I have a problem...


1 comment:

Jackie said...

The apple pie looks great and what a nice pie plate! I love the hair cut - very stylish.

What a riot about you guys making friends with another bartender.
Does not surprise me at all!

Homer is a good looking cat.

Have a good rest of the week.

~Jackie