The craziness began last Friday, Halloween. I got a call from GSP Thursday afternoon to go into work on Friday. The flowers for the FTD shoot were arriving and they needed to be prepped for next week. I spent the day filling buckets of water, cutting flowers and painting backgrounds. Overall it was a great day of work, I really like being the flower girl.
That night I was invited to attend a couple Halloween parties with my friend Kate. I left work and began my search for a Halloween costume. I don't usually wait until the last minute to figure out my costume but this year I was feeling somewhat uninspired. Kate was going to be a maggot, so I thought that I could compliment her and dress as a fly. It was not a very complicated costume so I assumed my shopping trip would be easy. I just need some small white wings and antenna to go with my all black outfit. After visiting about five stores, I gave up on my fly costume and bought bat wings. It actually worked out to be a cute costume but unfortunately I don't have any photos of me and Kate.
The parties were really fun and kind of crazy. The first party was at Kate's high school friend Joey's house. This girl must be pretty wealthy because her condo was unbelievable. The apartment had three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large open style kitchen/living room/dining room area, and a huge deck. The kitchen had granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, the floors were all tile and the bathrooms were marble. To top it off, Joey had decorated the whole apartment beautifully. The food was fantastic and we drank punch served from a cauldron in beakers. I was pretty impressed and that says a lot because as you probably know, the Sofarelli women are quite the party hostesses.
The second party was at this guy John's house. It was not as good as the first party, but it was still pretty fun. Phil came and met up with us after he got off work. We ended up staying at John's house until almost 5am, and there was still a ton of people there when we left. Chicago people party late! Well, I'm not one to talk because on Saturday night I didn't head out until almost 1am! Well I pretty much slept all day Saturday and because of the time change, bars were going to be open until 4am on Saturday night! Needless to say, my sleep schedule was all screwed up, and it was especially hard to get out of bed on Monday morning.
Tuesday was crazy all day at work because everyone was very tense about the election. I didn't have to worry about voting because I did an absentee ballet for Maine. After work I headed home to watch the coverage on TV with Jessica. Phil came by around 9:30pm and the three of us went over to Cleo's. Just as we walked in the door they announced that Obama had been elected. The bar was going crazy, everyone was cheering and ordering drinks. It was a fun night. I do wish that I went down to Grant park, but I honestly didn't think that they would announce who won so early. My friends Ashley, Emily and a bunch of my co-workers were at Grant park. Well at least I can say that I was in Chicago, and only about 2 miles away from Grant Park.
The rest of the week went well, I worked about 50 hours! Yay for money! Plus I took home a ton of floral arrangements.
So far this week, I've been just hanging around the house and watching lots of Gossip Girl. My back has been killing me, I think I might have over done it with the buckets of water last week. I'm not working, which totally sucks. Tonight I'm going to see some comedy with my friend Ashley. Tomorrow I have an interview with a photographer for some office/assistant type work. So, I'll just have to wait and see how things go...but I hate waiting around! Oh well...
You know you love me, XOXO (I couldn't resist a Gossip Girl joke)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment