Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A dinner party experiment and awesome pizza!

Last night I went to an experimental dinner party at my co-worker Kate's house. The idea was that everyone had to bring one ingredient and it couldn't cost over 5 dollars. I brought broccoli and chocolate chocolate chip cookies because I was unsure about what to bring. I got there fairly late, due to my lack of travel time calculations. It took me almost an hour to get to Kate's house by bus and train. That is pretty typical travel time to anywhere across the city when you use public transportation because Chicago is gigantic! Anyway, there were a ton of people there and the food turned out awesome. We had chicken and veggie stir-fry, spicy coleslaw, spinach salad and guacamole with chips. I missed the appetizers but I heard they were really good, something about stuffed peppers and bacon...
After everyone was finished eating we headed back down to Wicker Park and went to this bar called Danny's. I think I might have had a bit too much to drink because I ended up making a run to Underdog for cheese burgers and chili cheese dogs with my co-worker Jon. Jon walked me home around 1am. It was very tough getting up this morning, but I made it through the day and I plan on getting to bed early tonight.

Over the weekend, Jess and I ordered pizza from Pizza Metro in wicker park. We got a half potato-rosemary and half grilled vegetable. It was sooooo good! The grilled vegetable had grilled zucchini, fresh tomatoes and a sweet red sauce. I am very excited to find an awesome pizza place that delivers to us. Also it's pretty close to our house, so I could just pop in for a slice.

4 comments:

Mary S. said...

Wow, now I'm hungry!
Aren't you new there? You make friends quick!

Jackie said...

I loved the idea of the random dinner party. I should try it but I am not sure I could give up control! The pizza sounds good too! Up late but up early for work - that is the way to do it! Blog this weekend too so we can see what your adventures were this last week!
~Jackie

Jackie said...

I want to see a new post from you! What is going on out there!
~Jackie

Elizabeth Sofarelli said...

I know! I will be posting tonight I promise. It's been a very busy weekend and I have a lot to write. Ajay just left last night, so now I have some free time.