Saturday, September 20, 2008

The LG shine, Hipsters and random street fairs...


I got a new phone, the LG Shine! So far I love the phone, but my AT&T reception has had some serious issues. I couldn't get reception in my house for the first few days of owning this phone, but I've been having crappy reception in the apartment since I moved here. I called AT&T multiple times to complain about my bad reception, and it seemed to get me no where, so I was planning on switching service providers. I visited Verizon, because Jessica has Verizon and she gets pretty good reception in the house. I talked to the sales guy at Verizon and was all set to switch over my service. Then my past came back to haunt me. I could not get a plan with Verizon because back in 1999/2000 I had co-signed a phone plan for my then-boyfriend Todd and he had screwed me over by not paying his bills after we broke up. I had completely forgotten about this whole situation. It is amazing how a stupid choice that I made 8 years ago is affecting my life now! Well, the moral of the story is: Never co-sign anything for a boyfriend or girlfriend ever!

After I arrived home from the Verizon store, my AT&T phone worked in the house. Did AT&T hear my pleas for service or was it just a strange coincidence? I have no idea, but I'm gonna see how my phone acts this weekend and if I have any problems I'll be heading straight over to T-Mobile. I'm getting pretty sick of all this cell phone drama!


This week I found an interesting article about Hipsters. What is a hipster? The exact definition is unknown but there are about 3,000 definitions on the Urban Dictionary's site, check it out. Jessica and I have concluded that we are not hipsters, but you can decide for yourself by reading this article: Hipster: the Dead End of Western Civilization.

Last night I was walking home from a co-workers house and I came upon a street fair. There are so many street fairs and festivals in Chicago, that it is impossible to keep track of them all! It was only a block from my house and I had no idea that it was even going on! Here is a picture I took with my new phone of the Ferris wheel:


Also here is a photo I took of my two favorite buildings in Chicago. The Marina Towers, aka the Corncob Buildings.


And a better photo of them from their condo association's website:


Can you imagine living there?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Good to hear that the phone is now working. I am defitely not a hipster! There are some beautiful buildings in Chicago!
Have a good week!
~Jackie

Anonymous said...

HA! You so too are a hipster – with the fancy shoes and the flashy clothing... all that's missing is the fixed gear bicycle!