First of all, the studio is gigantic, three floors and multiple rooms. The two studios I worked in were all setup for shooting LTD Commodities. There was a kitchen, a laundry room, a bathroom, a living room and various other setups. The products that LTD sells are so cheesy and the outdoor shots are all completely fake! It was kind of funny to see all the different rooms and outdoor setups. Plus they have a crew and a whole workshop just for constructing and painting sets. It's a huge production.
So, we shot some car mattes, wicker furniture, and a dog harness today. I worked from 8am until 3:30pm, but usually I'll be working until 5pm. The photographer I was working with had to leave early today. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. It is rather slow at the moment, which is a good time for me to learn. However, it is kinda boring so I hope I'll have more to do tomorrow.
Also I'm not sure if I'm even working next week! I hate freelance! I guess they post next week's schedule on Thursday. Another thing that sucks is that I won't be getting my first pay check for at least six weeks! They said that the pay period was based on their billing cycle which does make sense, but six weeks! Grrrr...
Well I applied for another job today that sounds perfect so maybe that will work out...
Ok, I'm gonna make dinner then watch the season premier of 90210!!!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That stinks about not getting paid quickly. Is that legal? Hopefully the other job works out...the experience is never bad though...Missed you on Labor Day. Hope you had some fun too!
~Jackie
You have been tagged. See my blog for details...
~Jackie
Post a Comment