It's official! We have arrived in Chicago!!!
This weekend was incredibly exhausting. The journey began on Saturday morning around 8am when picked up our bright yellow Penske truck. The movers showed up around 11am, a complete hour late! Jessica and I were very worried that all of our belongs would not fit into our 16 foot truck, but after all the boxes were loaded into the back it was clear that everything would fit. What a huge relief!
After cleaning the apartment, and stocking up on energy drinks and snacks we finally left Portland at 6pm. Ajay and I drove the big moving truck with my cat Homer and Jessica and her friend Allisa drove Jessica's car with her cats Baby and Molly. We drove through the night stopping at rest stops about every 3-4 hours.
The whole drive I was drugging my cat Homer with sedatives, which made him sleep a lot but occasionally he would wake up and cry for a while. Towards the end of the drive Ajay and I (who ever was not driving) would have Homer on our lap. This stopped his endless crying.
After endless hours of corn fields we arrived in Chicago around 12:30pm Sunday. We got stuck in traffic for about an hour and a half, but made it to the apartment safely. Jessica and Allisa went out to the suburbs to pick up our keys at our landlord's office. Surprisingly the four of us were wide awake and ready to move all of our stuff into the apartment. Let me say, thank god that our new apartment is on the first floor! By 8pm, after enjoying some local pizza, we were all in bed.
Monday morning we had the Gas guy and the cable guy come to set up our stove and Internet. Which at the moment our wireless isn't working so I'm writing this on Jessica's laptop plugged into an Ethernet cable. The cable doesn't reach to my computer. :(
Anyway, I should help Jessica unpack some boxes. I have much more to write and pictures to post so check back soon!!!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wohoo! One of my sisters now has a blog! I am happy to hear the move went well and that you guys are settling in. Can't wait to see some pictures of your new apartment. Post some once things settle down a bit.
~Jackie
Post a Comment