Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trader Joe's, Ikea and Jeff Koons

On Sunday Jessica and I went to Trader Joe's. This was my first time shopping at a Trader Joe's, and I had big expectations. The store was fairly small but the selection was decent. The best thing about Trader Joe's is that all of the products and produce are organic and super cheap!!! Tonight we are enjoying some burgundy pepper marinaded lamb with organic mashed potatoes and organic Brussels sprouts. Yum!

Yesterday we ventured out to the suburb of Schaumburg, IL to go to Ikea. I have been to an Ikea before so I knew what to expect, but it was still over-whelming. We got multiple types of shelving, curtain rods and closet organizers. Here is a few photos of my favorite purchases:

Bathroom shelves


Hanging rack for pots and pans

Hanging Rail

Today we went downtown to the Museum of Contemporary Art to see the Jeff Koons exhibit. There is free admission at the MCA on Tuesdays, yay! The show was a kind of retrospective of Koons' work from the late 80's until today. My favorite pieces were the giant balloon dog and the sculpture of Michael Jackson and his Chimpanzee Bubbles. It was a crazy exhibit but I'm glad that I went to see it. Here are my favorite pieces:


Also here is a funny picture of Homer in a tiny box. Silly cat!




6 comments:

Jackie said...

Good work picking out shelves Elizabeth! The apartment is coming together great! I love the artwork at the museum and your cat is a riot!
~Jackie

Jackie said...

PS - Elizabeth - you should do the 1 Photo Inteview post - you would be good at it and it would be interesting to see what you share!
~Once again, your sister, Jackie

Elizabeth Sofarelli said...

What is a 1 Photo Interview post? I'm not as blog savvy as you yet.

Jackie said...

Go check out my blog....it is there...Katie, Mary's sister, from the Betts-Levine Blog started it..
~Jackie

Anonymous said...

My two sisters are crazy bloggers. I need to get on board but don't have the time right now. I will soon.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth - Where's the new post? What is happening out there in Chicago land?
~Your oldest sister!